The above provisions shall apply accordingly to students who have a decision on the need for individual compulsory one-year pre-school preparation, a decision on the need for individual teaching or an opinion of a counseling center, however, when planning psychological and pedagogical assistance to students, the recommendations contained in the decisions or opinions are taken into account.
In the case of a student with a certificate of the need for special education
Planning and coordinating the provision of psychological and pedagogical assistance in a kindergarten, school and institution, including determining the forms of providing such assistance for the student, the period of providing them and the number of hours in which individual forms will be implemented, is the task of a team established for a student carrying out special education.
The parents of the student or adult student are informed about the need to provide psychological and pedagogical assistance to the student.
The head of the kindergarten, school or facility shall immediately inform the parents of the student or adult student in writing about the forms established for the student, the period of providing psychological and pedagogical assistance and the number of hours in which the various forms of assistance will be provided.
The tasks of teachers, educators and specialists in the kindergarten, school and institution include:
1) identifying individual developmental and educational needs as well as psychophysical abilities of students;
2) determining the strengths, predispositions, interests and talents of students;
3) identifying the causes of educational failures or difficulties in the functioning of students, including barriers and limitations hindering the functioning of students and their participation in the life of the kindergarten, school or institution;
4) undertaking activities conducive to the development of students’ competences and potential in order to increase the effectiveness of learning and improve their functioning;
5) cooperation with the clinic in the diagnostic and post-diagnostic process, in particular with regard to the assessment of students’ functioning, barriers and limitations in the environment that hinder the functioning of students and their participation in the life of the kindergarten, school or institution, and the effects of actions taken to improve the functioning of the student and planning further activities .
Teachers, tutors and specialists in the kindergarten, school and institution run
1) in kindergarten – pedagogical observation aimed at early diagnosis of developmental disharmonies in a child and undertaking early intervention, and in the case of children undergoing compulsory one-year pre-school preparation – pedagogical observation completed with an analysis and assessment of the child’s readiness to start education at school (preschool diagnosis);
2) at school:
a) pedagogical observation in the course of ongoing work with students aimed at recognizing in students:
– learning difficulties, including in the case of students in grades 1-3 of primary school, competence deficits and language disorders and the risk of specific learning difficulties, as well as the student’s potential and interests,
– special talents,
b) supporting students in choosing the field of education and profession in the course of their ongoing work with students.